Great webinars generate qualified sales leads. They take planning, practice and consistent follow through. Here are 10 tips that are sure to work for you.
- Plan, Plan, Plan – Create a webinar plan that includes schedules, potential speakers, a registration process, budget, promotion, success metrics and follow through.
- Timing is everything – Schedule your webinar when the greatest number of people can come.
- If your audience is national, run the webinar in the mid-afternoon.That way, people from all times zones can attend.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays are generally best. People are not just starting or ending their week.
- Study your key audience and develop a targeted marketing strategy.
- Test different messages and ad sources. Be creative. See what works.
- Activate networks. Word-of-mouth is key, so include an «invite-a-colleague» link in all exchanges with potential attendees.
- Make sure content is informative and your speakers are interesting.
- Get input from your sales team.
- Involve all of your marketing staff.
Don’t forget – All speakers need to use land lines with headsets and have a hard copy of their presentation in front of them.
- Technology isn’t foolproof. Prepare for all calamities. Schedule at least one run through that covers:
- Web conferencing technology
- Webinar presentation and timing
- How to handle a loss of audio or web access